This is food that sustains the whole planet
Sustainability is meatless
Consumption of plant-based food is a far more sustainable practice than eating meat. It’s just a fact. But fake meat, a faux version of animal products, simply perpetuates the human appetite for animal flesh. To eliminate meat consumption, we need to replace the desire for animal products at the center of the plate. At Real Vegetable Meat, we consciously work to make food that tastes like its authentic, delicious plant-based ingredients with only natural seasonings. We believe that’s the long view, a real solution to the sustainability of both human and environmental health.
Low environmental impact
Plant-based whole foods come from seeds, water, sun, soil and nurturing. When well-grown, lightly processed, produced on-demand and delivered direct – like Real Vegetable Meat and its ingredients – the environmental impact of your food can net positive. Remember, plants turn carbon to oxygen during their lifetime, and Real Vegetable Meat produces minimal carbon from harvest through production to consumption. Making plant-based whole-food recipes also consumes far less water than formulating a food with heavily processed ingredients. And there are no chemicals used to produce our ingredients or our food.
When you weigh everything that comes in our door:
- 95% ships as finished products
- 4.5% is diverted to compost, reuse and recycling
- 0.5% is waste
We locally source the indigenous Tepary beans that contribute valuable protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals to Real Vegetable Meat. Two factors make Tepary beans a source of sustainability.
- First, because of their ability to grow in arid conditions while delivering a great nutritional profile, this special bean is considered by agricultural scientists to be the most sustainable protein on Earth. Click here to read more from scholarly journals.
- Second, sourcing locally renewable resources enables us to reduce miles and improve freshness in the production of Real Vegetable Meat. No matter where we sell or ship our product, it’s locally sourced and that makes a meaningful difference.
Sustaining our suppliers and communities
By sourcing locally, we proudly cultivate enduring business relationships that support real people. Here are some of the local sources that are vital to the integrity of Real Vegetable Meat.
- Ramona Farms, T’hono Oodham tribe, Gila River Indian Reservation – Federally designated impoverished lands
- Flagstaff EcoRanch
- Whipstone Farm
- Duncan Family Farms
- Cortez Milling Company
- Rousseau Farming Company
- Hernandez Farms
- Grand Canyon Spice Company
- Mount Hope Spice Company